LemFi (YC S21) is building the neo-bank for the African diaspora in North America & Europe & the UK. We provide our users with a multi-currency account that allows them to hold, send, and receive money from Africa in any currency for their business and personal banking needs.
Who you are:
You are a motivated and energetic person who would thrive in a fintech startup environment like ours. The teams here at LemFi are passionate about their work and fields of expertise but also lend hands-on cross-functional responsibilities to ensure the success of the company and the satisfaction of our clientele.
The Disputes and Chargebacks Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective management of payment disputes and chargeback cases, ensuring timely resolution, adherence to industry regulations, and the protection of the company's financial interests. This role involves working closely with cross-functional teams, such as customer support, finance, and legal, to maintain positive customer relationships while minimizing chargeback losses.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage and lead a team of dispute and chargeback analysts for remittance
and card transactions.
- Oversee the end-to-end process of chargeback and dispute resolution.
- Assist in Investigating and analyzing chargeback claims to determine their
- Assist in preparing compelling response packages to challenge chargeback
claims with card networks.
- Work with internal teams to gather necessary evidence and documentation for
- Be the point of contact for any inquiries from the processor related to card
Compliance and Regulatory Adherence :
- Stay up-to-date with UK and US payment regulations and industry best
- Ensure all dispute and chargeback processes comply with relevant laws and
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Analyze data related to chargebacks and disputes to identify trends and root
- Create regular reports to monitor chargeback rates and identify areas for improvement
- Implement strategies to reduce chargeback rates and financial losses.
- Collaborate with customer support, finance, and legal teams to gather
evidence and information for disputes.
- Maintain relationships with payment service providers and card networks.
- Communicate with customers when necessary to resolve disputes and
maintain customer satisfaction.
Training and Development:
- Train and develop the dispute and chargeback team to ensure they are
proficient in their roles.
- Stay informed about industry changes and train the team accordingly.
- A minimum of 5 years of Experience managing disputes and fraud within an acquiring and issuing
- A clear understanding of the dispute resolution process and rules and it’s
- Exposure to relevant tools (VROL)
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills with high attention to detail
- Advance data analytics skills
- Leadership and team management skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.