LemFi (YC S21) is building the neo-bank for the African diaspora in North America & Europe & the UK. We provide our users with a multi-currency account that allows them to hold, send, and receive money from Africa in any currency for their business and personal banking needs.
Who you are:
You are a motivated and energetic person who would thrive in a fintech startup environment like ours. The teams here at LemFi are passionate about their work and fields of expertise but also lend hands-on cross-functional responsibilities to ensure the success of the company and the satisfaction of our clientele.
The role of Senior Compliance Associate, reporting to the UK Compliance Officer, is a fully remote position within LemFi’s Compliance team.
In this role, you should have an advanced demonstrated knowledge of global AML/CFT compliance program requirements and best practices with, at minimum, 4 years in a compliance role.
This role will be supporting the UK MLRO with regulatory reporting, reviewing escalations for UK clients and maintaining AML policies along with supporting the global LemFi Compliance team where needed.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist with FCA required reports
- File SARs
- Update UK AML policies
- Assist with due diligence of partners
- Conduct Quality Assurance on AML Operational work
- Identify and implement improvements in AML processes;
- Be the first point person for AML Operations in regard to UK matters
- Issue recommendations to the Compliance Officers and the Chief Compliance Officer to enhance the AML program, ranging from transaction monitoring rules to modifications of internal controls;
- Engage in cross-functional responsibilities and assist the wider Compliance teams where needed.
- Minimum 4 years of total AML compliance experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of UK regulatory requirements
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills;
- Ability to thrive as part of a team and be an empowering, constructive and considerate colleague;
- Ability to take ownership of your work product and consistently deliver results in a high case volume production environment;
- Fantastic communication skills, both verbal and written including the ability to produce high spec PowerPoint presentations;
- Data and analytical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel and the ability to perform data analysis;
- Ability to learn new technologies and systems;
- Adaptability to global operational needs and ability to work in a rapidly changing business and regulatory environment.
- Held a Compliance position previously in an electronic money institution
- Knowledge of the AML regulatory requirements and developments within the United States, Canada, and Nigeria.
- CAMS certification (or equivalent)