LemFi (YC S21) is building the neo-bank for the African diaspora in North America & Europe & the UK. We provide our users with a multi-currency account that allows them to hold, send, and receive money from Africa in any currency for their business and personal banking needs.
Who you are:
You are a motivated and energetic person who would thrive in a fintech startup environment like ours. The teams here at LemFi are passionate about their work and fields of expertise but also lend hands-on cross-functional responsibilities to ensure the success of the company and the satisfaction of our clientele.
The role of the Growth Manager is a hybrid position within LemFi’s Marketing team. In this role, you should have a demonstrated knowledge of event marketing and people management, at minimum, three years in a marketing or similar position.
As LemFi’s Growth Manger in Houston- USA, you will work closely with the Community Leads and other team members to drive growth and connect with the African communities across the city. The role will involve working with events, email, influencers, social media and assisting with the offline marketing strategy.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for marketing and a commitment to helping us grow our marketing reach and customer base.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage meaningful relationships with community leaders; you will also be recruiting and leading a team of community leads and student ambassadors to promote LemFi
- Secure, attend and ensure conversions at Nigerian -focused events to foster relationships with event organisers across Houston.
- Manage and coordinate a small team of event marketing representatives.
- Oversee the development of an inventory of promotional materials for events and other partnerships ;
- Plan and organise Nigerian -focused events to drive conversions;
- Source for, onboard and manage Houston-based Nigerian Influencers
- Conduct market research to identify current and potential customer needs and trends;
- Support and collaborate with various teams within the company to plan and execute marketing campaigns;
- Engage in cross-functional responsibilities and assist the Marketing Manager where needed.
- A degree in marketing is preferred but not required;
- 3 years’ experience in a marketing role; events marketing experience is a plus
- Experience working with NGOs or Immigrants focused groups is a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of event partnerships.
- Excellent writing and people management skills;
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing business and regulatory environment.
- Nigerians with a strong network in the Nigerian-Houston community will be considered for this role
- Applicants who reside in Houston,USA will be priotized.