We're looking for a Quality Engineer to champion the quality assessment of product deliverable and take the lead automating functional tests for the Lemonade iOS and Android Consumer Apps. The QA role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure our app and web app runs smoothly and meets customers needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
What You’ll Be Doing
You will lead the quality assurance efforts of Lemonade by designing and implementing internal tools and automated systems. The candidate must be able to work closely with software engineers to drive resolution of issues. The environment is fast paced, and the projects evolve quickly. The candidate must be detail oriented, agile, and self-motivated. The ideal candidate will have experience in building complex automated systems and in building or working with continuous integration systems.
- Screen and triage bug reports
- Perform pre-release testing
- Build automated testing system for high-performance and Internet scale services
- Build systems to do validation, performance, and unit testing
- Contribute to the quality strategy of the products
- Work closely with engineering teams to define requirements
● Minimize the number of bugs and issues that make their way into production
● Improve the customer experience by ensuring the application is reliable and performant
● Deliver a scalable quality assurance program
● Improve visibility into how Knak stacks up in terms of quality and performance
- 5+ years of quality assessment and automation experience
- Extensive background writing mobile functional automation tests
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented programming in Java, Groovy, or Ruby
- Excellent understanding of Appium Framework
- Excellent understanding of version control systems such as GitHub
- Good experience with XCode or Android Studio IDE
- Good experience with mobile native test frameworks: XCUITest or Espresso
- Good experience with continuous integration pipelines (Jenkins 2.0)
- Proficiency administering Unix-based platforms
About our company
Lemonade Finance (YC S21) is building the neobank for African diaspora in North America & Europe. We provide our users with a multi-currency account that allows them to hold, send, and receive money from Africa in any currency for their business and personal banking needs.
There are over 10 million Africans living in North America & Europe who go through hoops and have to pay exorbitant fees to send money to their loved ones. We are constantly fighting for everyday Africans to be able to move their money freely around the world at no cost and with the best exchange rate they can find out there.
Lemonade Finance launched the first version of the app at the beginning of October 2020 with just the ability to send money. Now, we enable our users to send and receive as well as pay bills for services across the ocean for loved ones. We have also grown to a team of more than 40 people working remotely and living in different continents around the world.