About our Company:
LemFi (YC S21) is building the neobank for African diaspora in North America & Europe. We provide our users with a multi-currency account that allows them to hold, send, and receive money from Africa in any currency for their business and personal banking needs.
This position will provide strong management and operational support to the Card and Channel Operations team to drive card acquiring operations management within the card business thus ensuring maximum process efficiency as well as ensuring the acquiring operations performance meets internal and external customer expectations. This will include documentation and oversight of processes to ensure that they are financially and operationally sustainable. The role entails process mapping, process modelling, standards and procedures to ensure pre-defined quality standards for card operations are met.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Implementation of processes necessary to minimize fraud and leakages
- Execute dispute resolution related to payment operations, including settlement, reconciliation, and transaction disputes within stipulated SLAs
- Work with multiple systems to monitor, process, control, confirm and settle all daily transactions with accuracy and ensure successful reconciliation to fulfill banking operations obligations
- Work closely with risk management and engineering teams to maintain compliance processes and related reporting
- Continuous review and identification of process gaps for optimization, digitization, development and implementation.
Requirements and Skills:
- Advanced educational degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in Card Acquiring, with hands on experience with Visa and Mastercard operations.
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience managing analysts.
- Experience in the banking industry, Cards system and Gateway
- Knowledge in working with ATM and POS, setting up Cards activity, international standard (PCI-DSS);
- Expansive knowledge of e-commerce and retail card transactions, merchant billing methods, interchange, network fees, statement analysis and pricing models.
- Working knowledge of traditional banking systems, for example: debit and credit card issuing, processing, ACH, wires, and ATM.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a fair degree of autonomy and demonstrate initiative and a sense of personal accountability;
- Ability to work in a small yet collaborative team.
- Proficiency in writing documentations
- Experience using Excel and other data analytics tools is an advantage.