You are a candidate who would thrive in a fintech startup environment like ours, where we readily accept individuals with an uplifting attitude alongside a diligent sense of work ethic. The teams here at LemFi are passionate about their work and fields of expertise but also lend hands-on cross-functional responsibilities to ensure the success of the company and the satisfaction of our clientele.
The role of the Country Manager, Uganda is a fully remote position within LemFi’s Marketing team. In this role, you should have a demonstrated knowledge of standard marketing principles; including but not limited to Influencer marketing and management, events and partnerships, customer research and how offline or online campaigns work. Being in touch with the cultural nuances of the Ugandans, home and abroad is also vital to this role.
As the ideal candidate, you should have superb project management and interpersonal skills, as well as experience with managing user acquisition-type campaigns as well as a proven record of understanding the strategy of those campaigns.
You also need to be data-driven and execution-focused in your approach. As this role is based in Uganda, you should possess deep knowledge of and networks within communities such as; media publishers, influencers, events etc.
You will support LemFi’s marketing expansion efforts in Africa, North America and Europe.
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
● Grow transacting users related to your geography and its diaspora market.
● Sourcing, onboarding and managing influencers or brand partners
● Building trust-based relationships with diaspora communities
● Conducting regular customer research, initiating and building partnerships with community associations and organisations.
● Drive integral solutions using data to solve specific problems.
● Effectively communicate project progress and any issues that arise with the team and collaborators
● Monitor, understand and interpret specific growth, operational and financial metrics and patterns.
● Demonstrable skills in managing or executing marketing campaigns with outcomes.
● 4-6 years of related experience
● Experience managing campaigns or leading strategy execution at a marketing agency, technology company or equivalent
● Knowledge of Ugandan regulatory environments, cultural nuances, developments, and other requirements;
● Excellent analytical, research, verbal and written communication skills.
● Adaptability to global operational needs and ability to work in a rapidly changing business and regulatory environment.